Data Protection Declaration for the Website and Other Online Presences of Lawentus
in particular in consideration of the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter: “GDPR”).
1. Name and contact details of the party responsible for processing
This data protection information applies to data processing by Lawentus Rechtsanwälte Rückert Leicht Steinmann Partnerschaft mbB, Drehbahn 7, 20354 Hamburg (hereinafter: “LAWENTUS”); email: firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone: +49 (0)40 – 3410762-0; fax: +49 (0)40 – 3410762-10.
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the method and purpose of use
a) When visiting our website
When calling up our website www.lawentus.com, information is automatically sent to the server of our website via the browser used on your end device. This information shall be temporarily stored in a so called “Logfile”. The following information shall be collected, without you taking any action, and shall be stored until automatic deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which access is gained (referrer URL),
- The used browser and possibly the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The above-mentioned data shall be processed by us for the following purposes:
- to ensure that the website connection is correctly established,
- to ensure comfortable use of our website,
- to analyse system security and stability and for further necessary administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 sec. 1 pg. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest comes from the above listed purposes of data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the collected data for the purposes of drawing conclusions about you.
b) When visiting our other online presences
When visiting our other online presences (such as Xing or LinkedIn, if we are presented here), personal data may also be processed, similar to when visiting our website. This data protection information therefore applies accordingly to the processing of such personal data by LAWENTUS. In all other respects, please also observe the data protection declarations of the respective provider (Xing, LinkedIn, etc.).
c) When registering for our newsletter (should we offer one)
If you have provided your explicit consent in accordance with Art. 6 sec. 1 pg. 1 lit. a GDPR, we shall use your email address to regularly send you our newsletter. Provision of an email address is sufficient for receipt of the newsletter. Unsubscription is possible at any time, such as by using the link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can send your unsubscription request at any time to email@example.com by email.
c) When using our contact form (should we offer one)
We provide you with the option of contacting us via a form provided on the website, should you hav any questions. Provision of a valid email address is required so that we know who the request originates from and in order to respond to the request.
Further information may also be included voluntarily. Data processing for the purposes of making contact with us takes place according to Art. 6 sec. 1 pg. 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent. Your personal data collected for use of the contact form shall be automatically deleted after your request has been dealt with.
3. Transfer of data
We do not transmit your data to third parties for any other purposes than those specified as follows.
We shall only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- You have given your explicit consent in accordance with Art. 6 sec. 1 pg. 1 lit. a GDPR,
- Transfer is necessary in accordance with Art. 6 sec. 1 pg. 1 lit. f GDPR to enforce, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to suspect that you have a predominant interest worth protecting to non-transfer of your data,
- In cases where there is a legal obligation to transfer information in accordance with Art. 6 sec. 1 pg. 1 lit. c GDPR, and
- this is legally permitted and required to process contractual relationships with you in accordance with Art. 6 sec. 1 pg. 1 lit. b GDPR.
4. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- to request information on your personal data we have processed, in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you can demand information about the purposes of processing, the category of your personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your personal data has been or will be disclosed, the planned period of storage, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, or restriction of processing or appeal, the existence of a right to complain, the source of your data if it has not been collected by us, and the existence of automatic decision-making including profiling and meaningful information on details as applicable;
- to demand the prompt correction of incorrect or completion of your personal data we have saved, in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
- to demand the deletion of your personal data we have stored, as long as processing is not necessary to exercise the right to free expression of opinion and information, to fulfil a legal obligations, due to public interest reasons or to enforce, exercise or defend legal claims in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR;
- to demand the restriction of processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, if the accuracy of data is disputed by you, processing is irregular but you reject deletion and we no longer need the data, but you need it for enforcing, exercising or defending legal claims or if you have appealed against processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- to demand that your personal data, which you have provided us with, is received in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or transmitted to another responsible party, in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR;
- to revoke the consent you have given at any time in accordance with Art. 7 sec. 3 GDPR. This means that in future we are not allowed to continue with data processing, which is based on this consent; and
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority for your usual place of residence, your workplace or the location of our chambers.
5. Right to object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of Art. 6 sec. 1 pg. 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to lodge an appeal against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, if the reasons exist, which result from your specific situation, or if the appeal is against direct advertising.
In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which shall be implemented by us without providing details of a specific situation.
If you would like to make use of your right to appeal or object, an email to firstname.lastname@example.org is sufficient.
6. Data security
We use the widespread SSL method (Secure Socket Layer) within the website visit, combined with the maximum encryption level supported by your browser. This is generally a 256 Bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256 Bit encryption, we fall back on 128 Bit v3 technology instead.
You can recognise whether an individual page of our Internet site is transmitted with encryption by the closed image of the key or lock symbol in the browser status bar.
We also make use of appropriate technical and organisational security measures in order to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or full loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our safeguards are continually improved and updated in line with developments in technology.
7. Last update and change of this data protection declaration
The data protection declaration is currently valid and was last updated in May 2018. It may become necessary to amend this data protection declaration due to the further development of our website and its offers or due to amended legal or authority stipulations. The latest version of the data protection declaration can always be directly retrieved on the website at www.lawentus.com/datenschutz/ and printed out.